Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Perfect Day

I knew it was going to be a great day but I had no idea it would turn out to be as fantastic as it did. My mom came to pick my up at the apartment to go to Scrapbook Expo USA. I was super excited but she blew my mind with a surprise she got me from her latest trip to Ohio. Those that know me, know that I have a thing for Circus Peanuts. I adore them. Well., her surprise was a bag of MULTICOLORED Circus Peanuts. That's when I knew the day would be epic.



The best part of all is they are slightly different flavors. Ie: Pink is bubblegum. White is vanilla.


We loved the Scrapbook Expo. It was our first time going and we were blown away by how many women were there with all of their scrap supply strewn out on all the tables. Wow.


We also picked up on a few techniques for next year, such as: Don't freak out and buy a bunch of stuff at the first booth because of their sweet awesome deals. (Every booth has sweet awesome deals, some better than others.)
Next year, we'll shop around first.



It was such a fun time! I'm so glad that my mom is so much like me, or visa versa. We appreciated all the same stuff. And we also got giddy at the same stuff too. :)



As if the Expo wasn't enough, we went out to eat at a place called, Pei Wei. I had never been but my mom said it was a more affordable version of P.F. Changs so I was in.


We got lettuce wraps and honey chicken. Mmmmm! Also. They have orange and lemon slices to put in your water. Orange slices? We were intrigued. We came. We tried. We LOVED! It put just lemon water to shame. Poor lemon.

Afterwards, I met up with Chad, Sean, and Jeff to mini-golf it up. It was really pleasant weather and also a lot of fun. Not to toot my own horn, but I got a hole it one. Sorry, toot.


Chad and I ended the night with a movie with my parents.
Perfect Day!


The only thing to make it better is if I win that contest I signed up for to win free bundt cake for a year! Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Pei Wei! Whenever I hit up nordstrom rack I have to eat there. I'm so jealous about the scrapbooking expo. I've gotten into making cards and I use some scrapbooking stuff so I wish I was closer so I could have gone. It's probably better that I didn't go for my bank accounts sake

    ReplyDelete