Sunday, July 24, 2011

Chadly Baby

THE DAY FINALLY CAME.....
CHAD'S 23rd BIRTHDAY!
p.s. this is Chad at age 3. Adorable right?

Ok so I was waaaaaaaay too excited for this day. Probably more so than the hubs. But come on. Birthdays are THE BEST. (Dramatic much?)

I counted down the minutes until The Chad left for his midnight grave shift and then it was game on. I wrapped 23 presents and decorated the crap out of our house. Wish I could have decorated more but I ran out of streamers. Don't you hate it when that happens? Then I went to bed at 3:00 a.m. Yes, I'm that crazy.





At 9:00 a.m. sharp I heard his car door shut and popped off of my pillow t0 spy at the top of the stairs and drink up his reaction to the mayhem and foolishness I had created. Worth. it.

I made him put on his contacts so that he could get the full effect and come to the table where he found his plethora of presents. The plan was to have him open one or two every hour. FAIL. I got so excited that I had him open all but the last few- those were for that night. Grande Finale if you will.

Then hubs went on a run. swoon. While I made a big breakfast, Egg-in-toast a.k.a. One-eyed-Joes as per request. Delish.

Being Chad's birthday and all- we went golfing. together. yes. Ok- so I mostly just caddied/that's all I did. After all he did need someone to help hold the flag and whatnot.
Note: The new fan. (#4 of 23 presents)

Then we got all dolled up and went to Red Robin for dinner with all of the birthday boys' fam. as well as mine. Quite the turnout. He loved his massive Royal Red Robin Burger complete with not one but two patties and an egg! Boy can put it away.

Then we headed home to the casa and had birthday cake(s) and opened Chad's last presents.


Good Birthday? I think yes.




1 comment:

  1. you make me want to be married haha! what a lovely wife you are

    ReplyDelete